The Grady High School orchestra director has been named Atlanta Public Schools’ Teacher of the Year.
Krissi Davis, a music teacher who has worked as Grady’s orchestra director since 2017, received the award Tuesday at the district’s annual award ceremony that recognizes employees and others who contribute to APS.
Davis previously worked at APS at Sutton Middle School and has taught in Clayton and Fayette counties.
Other groups and individuals honored Tuesday include:
- Principal of the Year – Eulonda Washington, Coretta Scott King Young Women’s Leadership Academy
- Assistant Principal of the Year – Joy Antone, Samuel M. Inman Middle School
- Students First Award – Michelle Byrdsong-Walker, Paul L. Dunbar Elementary School
- Schools First Award – Sara Womack, Coordinator, APS Fine and Performing Arts
- GO Teams – Excellence in Leadership - Dr. John Waller, Principal E. Rivers Elementary School
- 2019-20 Outstanding GO Team – Hollis Innovation Academy GO Team
- District Partner of the Year – Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- 2019-2020 Excellence in Family Engagement Parent Award - Alicia DeCriscio
- 2019-2020 Excellence in Family Engagement Community Award - HTI CATALYSTS
- 2019-2020 Excellence in Family Engagement School-Based Award - Hollis Innovation Academy Family Engagement Leadership team
Cluster partner awards
- Carver Cluster – OneCoast
- Douglass Cluster – Buckhead Church
- Grady Cluster – Wheat Street Baptist Church
- Jackson Cluster – Wellspring Living
- Mays Cluster – Salesforce
- North Atlanta Cluster – Station 16
- South Atlanta Cluster – Witherite Law Group
- Therrell Cluster – The Speak Life Foundation
- Washington Cluster – L.E.A.D.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.