Merchants must have:
- Revenues of less than $1 million annually
- Be founded before June 1, 2019
- Have fewer than 10 employees.
About $1 million in grants will be provided to businesses based in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Spalding counties. Applications will be accepted until grant funds are expended.
In August, Fiserv introduced the Back2Business program nationally, and the company has already presented $10,000 grants to two businesses in metro Atlanta:
- The Beverly, a restaurant and sports bar in Atlanta’s Grant Park neighborhood, uses the grant to help pay for rent and continue investing in its local community.
- Ragtrade Atlanta, a west Atlanta business whose mission is to develop a sustainable fashion industry for the city, uses the grant to fulfill operating costs, expand service offerings and “pay it forward” by providing other fashion designers with a business grant.