Here are five things to know about the Falcons, the defending NFC champions, on Monday:
1. Schedule. The Falcons will hold their first practice of the regular season at 12:15 p.m. Coach Dan Quinn will speak to the media after practice followed by open locker room session.
2. Practice squad. The Falcons can re-stock the practice squad with 10 players plus their international exemption player, tight end Alex Gray. The practice squad consists of linebacker J’Terius Jones, defensive tackle Joe Vellano, running back Jhurell Presley, wide receivers Marvin Hall and Deante Burton, tight end Josh Perkins, tackle Daniel Brunskill, defensive tackle Taniela Tupou and safety Marcelis Branch, according to reports. The Falcons have one remaining spot open.
3. Waiver wire. Two players cut by the Falcons were claimed on waivers. Green Bay claimed defensive end Chris Odom and the Cleveland Browns claimed wide receiver Reggie Davis, the former Georgia standout who sparkled during the exhibition season. Also, the Kansas City Chiefs added released defensive back Akeem King, a former seventh-round draft choice in 2015, to their practice squad.
4. Hageman update. Defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman, for his involvement in a domestic violence case in DeKalb County from March of 2016, was suspended by NFL under the personal conduct policy on Saturday. The length of the suspension has not been determined yet by the league and the league is investigating the case.
5. Big Chuck Smith to serve. In a press release, Chick-fil-A announced that Chuck Smith, former Falcon and Tennessee defensive end, will serve as Tennessee’s honorary captain for the Chick-fil-A Kickoff game tonight against Georgia Tech.
ATLANTA FALCONS 2017 EXHIBITION SEASON
GAME FOUR: JAGUARS 13, FALCONS 7
GAME THREE: CARDINALS 24, FALCONS 14Report card: Cardinals 24, Falcons 14
GAME TWO: STEELERS 17, FALCONS 13
GAME ONE: DOLPHINS 23, FALCONS 20