Interested in launching a career that deals with money management? You’re in the right place, because metro Atlanta is among the US metro areas making big hires in the finance industry right now.
Relocation service CapRelo partnered with Business Insider to determine its results. By analyzing the most populated metro cities in the country, the companies recorded the number of finance job openings in each area based on LinkedIn data from June 2017.
While the New York and Washington DC areas placed first and second, respectively, metro Atlanta was close behind at No. 8.
Out of the 80,269 positions available in ATL, 13,728 of them were finance service gigs.
And finance positions pay a pretty penny, too. According to LinkedIn, the No. 1 highest-paying job title for new grads is an investment bank analyst, which yields a median total compensation of $105,000. Investment analysts also made the list with a median total compensation of $75,500.
There are a slew of reputable companies to choose from, too. Henssler Financial, Integrated Financial Group, Moore Stephen Tiller, Peachtree Planning Corporation and The Piedmont Group were all among Atlanta’s best 150 employees, according to AJC’s 2016 Top Workplaces.
Top 25 US metro areas with the most finance job openings:
1. New York, Newark, Jersey City
2. Washington, Arlington, Alexandria
3. Los Angeles, Long Beach, Anaheim
4. Chicago, Naperville, Elgin
5. San Francisco, Oakland, Hayward
6. Boston, Cambridge, Newton
7. Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington
8. Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Roswell
9. Philadelphia, Camden, Wilmington
10. Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale
12. Minneapolis, St. Paul, Bloomington
13. Houston, The Woodlands, Sugar Land
14. Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue
15. Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach
16. Baltimore, Columbia, Towson
17. Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater
18. Detroit, Warren, Dearborn
19. San Diego, Carlsbad
20. Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia
21. Portland, Vancouver, Hillsboro
22. Orlando, Kissimmee, Sanford
23. St. Louis
24. San Antonio, New Braunfels
25. Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.