Kids and teenagers can get free eye exams and glasses this summer thanks to a new partnership between the Gwinnett County Public Library and non-profit organization Vision to Learn, the library announced Wednesday.
All “school-age” children — aged 4 to 18 — are eligible for the program, which will be held at six different locations across the county. Registration is required before an eye exam can be given. You can register at gwinnettpl.org or at your local library branch.
All eye exam events will last from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Here’s when and where kids can get their free exams and glasses:
• Monday, July 15 - Lilburn Branch 4817 Church Street, Lilburn, GA 30047
• Tuesday, July 16 - Centerville Branch 3025 Bethany Church Road, Snellville, GA 30046
• Thursday, July 18 - Lawrenceville Branch 1001 Lawrenceville Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
• Tuesday, July 23 - Norcross Branch 6025 Buford Hwy, Norcross, GA 30071
• Wednesday, July 24 - Buford Branch 2100 Buford Hwy, Buford, GA 30518
• Friday, August 2 - Snellville Branch 2740 Lenora Church Road, Snellville, GA 30078
Vision to Learn is a non-profit group that provides free eye exams and glasses to children in low-income communities across the nation. It estimates that 24,000 students in metro Atlanta need glasses but do not have them. It started working with Atlanta Public Schools in the 2017-2018 school year and are expanding their footprint in the area.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.