Caption

Fire rips through Midtown shopping center

Businesses are boarded up and a firefighter is recovering from a minor injury after a fire ripped through a Midtown shopping center.

Firefighters said they believe the fire started Monday when a dryer got too hot inside Best Cleaners and spread to neighboring businesses at Ansley II on Monroe Drive, according to Channel 2 Action News.

A fire at the Ansley II shopping center put more than a dozen people out of work. (Credit: Channel 2 Action News)

The fire put more than a dozen people out of work, including those at a nail salon and eight at a barbershop in the strip mall.

“It’s pretty devastating,” American Haircuts Barber & Shop owner Greg Martin told Channel 2. “I mean … we just opened in May. The timing couldn’t have been any worse.”

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 White House: Trump using national emergency and executive actions for border wall | Jamie Dupree - A
  2. 2 Neighbor charged in murder of mother, daughter, police say
  3. 3 DeKalb: New teacher salary schedule flawed. We're starting all over.

Read more of the story here.

More from AJC