Three Georgia schools cracked the top 25 in various categories of U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings of the nation’s best online colleges.
The University of Georgia tied for fifth in online education courses, tied for 17th among non-MBA business programs and was tied for 25th in online bachelor’s programs.
Georgia College & State University was tied for 15th among non-MBA business programs. Kennesaw State University tied for the 21st best online MBA program.
VIDEO: Clark Howard talks online colleges
U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings are among the most closely-watched education listings. The publication uses several characteristics to score each college or university.
Here are the top schools in each category:
- Bachelor’s degree: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University--Worldwide
- Business, non-MBA: Indiana University -- Bloomington
- Criminal Justice: University of Nebraska--Omaha
- Education: Clemson University and the University of Florida
- Engineering: Columbia University
- Information Technology: University of Southern California
- MBA: Indiana University and the University of North Carolina -- Chapel Hill
- Nursing: Johns Hopkins University