- $1,200 monthly car allowance.
- $800 monthly expense allowance.
- The school district pays 10 percent of her salary toward her retirement plan, plus Georgia Teacher Retirement System contribution and contributions to a separate plan in line with the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- Gets paid for as many as 30 unused vacation days.
- The school district pays for home Internet service, home office equipment, her and her family's health insurance premiums and her annual physical exam.
Stephen Green, DeKalb County School District Superintendent
Base salary: $300,000
- $2,600 a month in expenses.
- $750 a month in transportation expenses.
- $24,000 a year toward his retirement plan.
- $15,000 annual bonus for each year he's retained as superintendent.
- A term life insurance policy for $300,000.
Chris Ragsdale, Cobb County School District Superintendent
Base salary: $275,000
- $700 a month car allowance
- Can get paid for up to 20 unused vacation days.
- 2 percent of his salary in a tax annuity plan.
- Can serve as a consultant to other school districts.
- The school district pays 100% of his membership in organizations such as the American Association of School Administrators.
J. Alvin Wilbanks, Gwinnett County Public Schools Superintendent
Base salary: $299,809
- Receives a $6,250 monthly longevity supplement.
- $3,500 monthly retirement supplement.
- $1,500 monthly transportation allowance.
- $1,200 a month in expenses.
- Can work off-site for as many as 12 days a year.
LEARN MORE: SUPERINTENDENTS' SALARIES
» PHOTOS: Pay and perks for Metro Atlanta school superintendents
» INTERACTIVE MAP: How much do Georgia's superintendents really make?
» DOCUMENT: Read Philip Lanoue's vitae