The 2017-2018 school year is here. Clayton County Schools will host orientation events for families Thursday.
Elementary school orientations are 1-3 p.m., middle schools from 3-5 p.m. and high schools from 5-7 p.m. Schools begin Aug. 7, which is a Monday.
- First day of school: Aug. 7
- Early dismissal dates: Aug. 23, Sept. 20, Oct. 6, Oct. 31, Feb. 16
- Fall Break: Oct. 9
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 20-24
- Semester Break: Dec. 21-Jan. 3
- Winter Break (includes Presidents Day): Feb. 19-20
- Spring Break: April 2-6
- Last day of school: May 23
Enrollment information: Clayton County schools enrollment forms and checklists
Bus routes: Clayton County school bus information
Number of schools:
The district has 54,000 students, 7,000 employees and 3,300 teachers.
- 2 primary (K-2) schools
- 33 elementary (K-5) schools
- 2 elementary/middle (K-8) schools
- 14 middle (6-8) schools
- 1 middle/high (6-12) school
- 11 high (9-12) schools
- 1 alternative (6-12) school
- 3 special education centers
- 4 magnet/theme programs
- White - 2.5 percent
- Black - 69 percent
- Hispanic - 21 percent
- Asian - 4 percent
- Multiracial - 2.5 percent
- Other -1 percent
School menus: Information about menus, cost and special dietary needs can be found on the district’s school nutrition page.
Graduation rate (2015): 66.4 percent
School tax millage rate (2017): 19.095 mills
Budget (2017): $608.3 million
Henry County School leadership:
Clayton County Schools has a nine-member board of education and superintendent Morcease Beasley. Beasley was named superintendent in March and has over 20 years of experience in education. He officially started July 1. If interested in attending a board meeting, information can be found on the board’s meeting schedule.
You can find information about your school, such as test scores, graduation rates and school climate rating at the Ultimate Atlanta School Guide.
In other back-to-school news: