One child remained hospitalized Friday afternoon, and two others had been released after the three were hit by a car in Gwinnett County on Thursday night.

The children, ages 2. 5 and 12. were attempting to cross Graves Road, near Norcross, around 8:40 p.m.when they were hit, Gwinnett police Sgt. Chris Medved said.

The driver who stopped is not expected to face charges, Medved said.

As of Friday, the 2- and 12-year-olds had , had been released from Children’s Health Care of Atlanta at Scottish Rite. The five-year-old remain in the hospital.

The children were not at an intersection or crosswalk at the time they were struck, Medved said.

— Staff reporter Robert Lee contributed to this article.

About the Author

Keep Reading

Featured

Carleigh Knight (left) and her sister, Natalie Rogovin, look at Christmas ornaments while shopping at Kudzu Antiques + Modern in Decatur on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2025. (Natrice Miller/AJC)

Credit: Natrice Miller