Home Depot has climbed into the top 30 on the roster of biggest U.S. public companies.
The Cobb County-based home improvement giant gained five spots to 28th on the 2016 Fortune 500 list, issued Monday. The move was powered by sales gains that boosted revenue to $88.52 billion last year.
Eighteen companies headquartered in Georgia made the list, all but one of them repeat members.
» PHOTOS: Home Depot's history in Atlanta
New to the list: Veritiv, an Atlanta company spun off from International Paper Co. It debuted at 323rd overall, and with $8.71 billion in revenue is 10th among Georgia companies, just ahead of SunTrust Banks (329th).
Veritiv also is notable for being one of 21 Fortune 500 companies — down from 24 last year — with a female CEO. Mary Laschinger runs the paper and packaging distribution company.
The biggest Georgia movers on this year’s list are Asbury Automotive, which jumped 52 spots to 393rd, and AGCO, which tumbled 64 spots to 360th.
Three companies disappeared from the Georgia list. Rock-Tenn became part of Virginia-based WestRock; Arris Group is now part of a UK-based parent company; and AGL Resources, which is merging into Southern Co., fell out of the 500.
The Georgia companies by overall rank:
28. Home Depot, $88.52 billion, up from 33
48. UPS, $58.36 billion, down from 47
62. Coca-Cola, $44.29 billion, up from 63
68. Delta Air Lines, $40.70 billion, up from 73
135. Aflac, $20.87 billion, down from 132
162. Southern Co., $17.49 billion, up from 163
183. Genuine Parts, $15.28 billion, up from 199
249. First Data, $11.45 billion, up from 265
320. HD Supply, $8.78 billion, down from 316
323. Veritiv, $8.71 billion, new to list
329. SunTrust Banks, $8.53 billion, down from 327
338. Mohawk Industries, $8.07 billion, up from 362
360. AGCO, $7.46 billion, down from 296
393. Asbury Automotive, $6.59 billion, up from 450
397. Coca-Cola European Partners, $6.54 billion, down from 368
409. NCR, $6.37 billion, up from 412
433. PulteGroup, $5.98 billion, up from 453
434. Newell Brands, $5.97 billion, up from 455.