Here are five things we learned at Falcons practice on Tuesday:
1. Jones looked great. Head coach Dan Quinn said he’ll “consider” playing All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones in game three. Jones looked like he was getting ready for action. He made a nice strong move on an inside route and zoomed past the safety. On another play, he ran past the coverage and tracked down a deep throw from backup quarterback Matt Schaub, who can still get it out there. Jones looked good and was moving well.
2. Freeman sighting. Running back Devonta Freeman did some running before going back inside sporting one of the black bucket caps.
3. Pads came off. About an hour and 40 minutes into the practice the Falcons took a break, replenished with some fluids and took over the pads.
4. Grace returned. Linebacker Jermaine Grace, who missed the Pittsburgh game with a hamstring injury, was back at practice.
5. McKinley spoke. First-round draft pick Takkarist McKinley spoke to the media after practice. Get back later for the story.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.