The Falcons dropped to 0-2 on the preseason after a 17-13 exhibition game loss to the Steeler Sunday.
Here’s a look inside the numbers for the Falcons this preseason:
* Matt Ryan played one series and went 4 of 6 for 57 yards. In just two series this preseason, Ryan is 7 of 9 for 88 yards and one touchdown. He has a quarterback rating of 144.9.
* Matt Schaub is a combined 3 of 3 for 30 yards and has a 108.3 quarterback rating.
* Reggie Davis, out of Georgia, led the Falcons with three catches for 74 yards. He leads the team in receiving over the two games with five catches for 117 yards.
* Terron Ward is the leading rusher with 85 yards on 20 carries and two touchdowns. Devonta Freeman (one) and Tevin Coleman (three) have combined for two yards. Freeman has one reception for 15 yards and a touchdown.
* The Falcons had 20 first downs against the Steelers, 12 in the first quarter with the first and second units.
* The Falcons have outscored the opposition 14-3 in first quarters.
* The Falcons have been outscored 37-19 in the second through fourth quarters.
* Penalties? They’ve had a few. The Falcons had 10 penalties for 85 yards against the Steelers and 17 penalties for 161 yards in two games.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.