1. Defense I: Falcons cornerback Robert Alford intercepted a Matt Ryan pass in seven-on-seven drills.
2. Defense II: Falcons rookie linebacker Foye Oluokun intercepted a Matt Schaub pass after dropping fluidly into zone pass coverage.
3. Quarterback corner: Rookie quarterback Kurt Benkert finished off the practice in the two-minute drill. He completed his first pass to wide receiver Russell Gage. That's a combination that we'll likely see a lot of during the exhibition season, especially in the fourth game.
4. Offensive line update: Free agent signee Brandon Fusco worked with the first-team offense at right guard. Ben Garland was at left guard for the injured Andy Levitre.
5. Injury update: Defensive end Takkarrist McKinley, who had offseason shoulder surgery, did not participate in the session. Also, Levitre (torn tricep) and safety Quincy Mauger were working off to the side with the training staff. Quinn said he expects McKinley, Levitre and wide receiver Justin Hardy (shoulder) to be ready for the training camp.
Subscribe to "The Bow Tie Chronicles" podcast with the AJC's D. Orlando Ledbetter on iTunes or on the new AJC sports podcasts page.