Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 114-98 victory over the Celtics Monday:
* Dennis Schroder scored a game-high 21 points, including eight in the first quarter, on 9 of 14 shooting.
* Dwight Howard had 17 points and 12 rebounds (six offensive) in 27 minutes before ejection.
* Paul Millsap had 17 points and 10 rebounds in a team-high 32 minutes.
The Hawks held a 55-40 rebounding edge, including 13-9 on the offensive glass.
* The Hawks held a 60-34 advantage in points in the paint.
* Taurean Prince played a career-high 30 minutes with eight points, 12 rebounds (five offensive), three assists, two steals and a block.
* Isaiah Thomas had is streak of consecutive games with at least 20 points snapped at 43.
* The Celtics got Avery Bradley back after he missed 22 of the past 23 games, including 18 straight, with a right Achilles injury. He played 15 minutes and had six points.
* Mike Dunleavy was inactive as he is dealing with an ankle injury. Ryan Kelly was active.
“That’s Al. He was my veteran. That’s my guy even if he plays on a different team. He took care of me. I’m just the good guy in that situation.” – Dennis Schroder on playing peacemaker after incident between Dwight Howard and Al Horford
The Hawks open a season-long six-game homestand with the Mavericks on Wednesday.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.