Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 110-108 victory over the Thunder Monday night:
* Paul Millsap finished with 30 points and 11 rebounds. His basket with 12 seconds left was the game-winner.
* Dennis Schroder had a team-high 31 points and eight assists, his third 30-point effort in the past 10 games.
* Russell Westbrook didn’t get a triple-double but he did have a game-high 46 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists.
The Hawks were outrebounded 27-15 in first half, including 10-1 on offensive boards. By the end of the game the margin was 44-35.
* The Hawks held a 4-2 advantage in fast break points.
* The Thunder scored just 16 first-quarter points after shooting 27 percent from the field.
* The Hawks rode their starters who had all but 14 of the points.
* The Hawks used only nine players with Mike Scott playing after Kyle Korver picked up his fourth foul.
* The game featured 16 lead changes and was tied 13 times.
“Sure, the game plan changed at the last second. I don’t even know why we had shootaround in the morning. That’s the beauty of the sport. We came out and competed and the basketball gods were with us tonight.” – Thabo Sefolosha with a smile
The Hawks host the Timberwolves on Wednesday.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.