Eric Dawson will be part of the Hawks’ Summer League team that will compete in Las Vegas next month.
Dawson, a 6-foot-9, 236-pound forward/center, was in Hawks training camp last year. He appeared in three exhibition games and had nine points and 12 rebounds in 34 minutes before being waived on Oct. 26. He then played for the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. Dawson most recently played with Heilongjiang Fengshen in China.
Others who will play for the Hawks are:
* Travis Wear: The 6-10, 230-pound forward played three seasons at UCLA after transfering from North Carolina. The 2009 McDonald’s All-American averaged 7.2 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists last season.
* Casey Prather: The 6-6, 207-pound guard/forward played four seasons at Florida. He was First Team All-SEC and averaged 13.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 27.9 minutes last season.
* Trevor Releford: The 6-0, 190-pound point guard played four seasons at Alabama. He averaged 18.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.1 assists last season.
* Stephen Holt: The 6-4, 195-pound guard played four seasons at St. Mary’s. He averaged 15.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.9 assists in 37.5 minutes last season.
* Michael Bramos: The 6-6, 225-pound guard/small forward played collegiately at Miami (Ohio). He has played in Greece for Peristeri (2009-10) and most recently Panathinaikos (2012-14) and also in Spain for Gran Canaria (2010-12)
They will be joined by 2013 draftees guard Dennis Schroder and center Mike Muscala, 2014 draftees forward Adreian Payne and guard Lamar Patterson. Center Walter Tavares could also play if contract details can be worked out.
Third-year guard John Jenkins, who is recovering from season-ending back surgery, has said he intends to play.
The Hawks complete roster will be released prior to the Las Vegas Summer League tournament scheduled for July 11-22. The Hawks are guaranteed five games with preliminary games against the Wizards, D-League and Trail Blazers.