The Atlanta Braves open SunTrust Park tonight against the San Diego Padres.
Fans with tickets will receive a commemorative ticket celebrating the inaugural season as they enter SunTrust Park.
Game start is 7:35 p.m., but fans are asked to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m. for pregame festivities.
Here is the rundown for the home opener:
• Braves Walk: Braves alumni will lead the inaugural Braves Walk through The Battery Atlanta to the baseball sphere hanging in the Plaza for a Chop Rally.
• Pregame ceremony: The Braves will officially mark the completion of the ballpark with the unveiling of the retired numbers. Former Braves expected to be in attendance for pregame ceremony include Hank Aaron, Bobby Cox, Tom Glavine, Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, Phil Niekro and John Smoltz.
• National anthem: Georgia native Phillip Phillips will perform the Star-Spangled Banner.
• Ceremonial Flyover: Four U.S. Navy F/A-18A+ Hornets from VFC-12 out of Oceana, Va., will perform a flyover the stadium at the conclusion of the national anthem.
• First Pitch: Braves Hall of Famer Hank Aaron will throw out the first pitch.
• Leader of the Chop: Before the Braves come to bat in the first inning, Braves Hall of Fame manager Bobby Cox will officially start the chop from the Coors Light Chop House.
• 7th inning stretch: Atlanta Opera tenor Timothy Miller will perform God Bless America
• Friday Night Fireworks: Following the game, fans can watch a fireworks display above the stadium.
About the Author