Here are five things you should know about the Braves on Friday:
- Gausman gets first start of season: Righthander Kevin Gausman is set to return from the injured list and start the Braves’ opener against Miami on Friday.
- Braves are on a roll: After starting the season 0-3, the team has won three straight, including Thursday’s 9-4 win over the Cubs.
- Miami up next: The Braves will host the Marlins in a three-game series beginning Friday night at SunTrust Park.
- Folty strong in rehab start: All-Star righthander Mike Foltynewicz pitched five no-hit innings in his rehab start Thursday.
- Ozzie among league leaders: Braves infielder Ozzie Albies is currently tied for second in the National League with a .478 batting average after six games.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.