With kids heading back to school this week and next, the end of summer is coming soon.
And at Avalon, the mixed-use development in Alpharetta, they’re bidding farewell to summer with a big party and a bunch of sales.
From 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday, everyone is invited to Avalon’s “Say Goodbye to Summer Extravaganza.” The day-long celebration will benefit North Fulton Community Charities, feature live music, summer cocktails, family activities and back-to-school deals.
Avalon has partnered with NFCC to host its Back-to-School Supply Drive to help provide children with pencils, backpacks, notebooks, paper and other supplies. Shoppers are encouraged to donate these items at the concierge desk at Avalon. Donators will receive “special event swag” items.
From 4 to 8 p.m., the plaza at Avalon will transform into a dance floor where people can enjoy live music performed by the Ty Reynolds Band. To cool down, those over 21-years-old can grab a drink from one of Avalon’s outdoor bars.
“We are grateful to have the opportunity to partner with Avalon on another wonderful event and to align our back-to-school initiatives with a celebration as exciting as the Say Goodbye to Summer event,” said Eden Purdy, director of programs for North Fulton Community Charities. “Avalon truly understands and embraces our mission and works tirelessly to help us improve the lives of our local friends and families.”
Each year, NFCC distributes more than 1,000 backpacks filled with supplies to north Fulton County’s low-income families.
Sponsors for the event include the College Football Hall of Fame and Topgolf, which each offer games and prizes at the event.
For shoppers, here’s a rundown of the day’s sales:
• Chick-fil-A – Hosting back-to-school celebration from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. featuring arts and crafts, face painting, a special edition milkshake, back-to-school basket raffle and a surprise giveaway for the first 250 kids.
• Columbia – Summer sales 20 to 25 percent off select styles.
• fab’rik – 40 percent off one item and free fab’rik coffee tumbler with $50 purchase.
• Flywheel Sports – First class free code provided to guests that stop by for studio tour. Ongoing student and teacher discount on classes.
• Francesca’s – Extra 10 percent off purchases.
• Kendra Scott – First 50 customers to spend $100 will receive free customized notebook.
• Kremo – 20 percent off any menu item for all students.
• Lucky Brand – Back-to-School denim promotion.
• Madewell – Pop-up shop from 1 to 4 p.m. with Shop Woven Words. 20 percent off purchases of $125 or more, sips and sweets.
• Pottery Barn Kids – 20 percent off backpacks, luggage and lunch bags. 20 to 30 percent off desks and hutches.
• Sage – $10 off a $50 purchase, $25 off a $100 purchase, $50 off a $200 purchase.
• Scout & Molly’s – 25 percent off purchase of $100 or more and sips and sweets in-store. Teachers also get an extra 10 percent off and a gift with every purchase.
• Soft Surroundings – 15 percent off purchases for teachers from July 25 through Sept. 4.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.