Drivers, you have been warned. The Georgia Department of Transportation will implement overnight lane closures on Interstate 75 throughout the weekend in Cobb County.
The lane closures will go into effect nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Thursday through Sunday, May 5 so crews can continue milling and resurfacing work on the interstate.
Weather permitting, here is what you can expect for your weekend commute:
- Three left northbound lanes will close from the Terrell Mill bridge just before Delk Road to North Marietta Parkway;
- I-75 southbound entrance ramp from South Marietta Parkway will close (message boards will be used to guide drivers to use the detour);
- Three left northbound lanes between Windy Hill and Canton roads interchange will be closed;
- Three right southbound lanes from Canton Road to Delk Road will be closed; and
- Exit 263 (South Marietta Parkway) will close, and message boards will be used to direct drivers to use the detour.
Georgia DOT notes the resurfacing project should be done by the summer. Drivers can plan their route and get real-time information about road conditions by calling 511 or visiting the 511 Georgia website.
About the Author