It also gives the city ownership of every building on the site now known as Legacy Park. During a 2015 study a group of Kennesaw State University students identified 19 UMCH buildings as contributing resources for a potential historic district. Seven of those 19 buildings were built between 1903 and 1919, including Moore Chapel, built in 1906 and one of the four oldest surviving buildings (the Methodists originally purchased the land in 1873).
Placed on the highest point of a hill, the chapel is made largely of granite, retains its original stained glass windows and original children-sized pews.
In December 2018 the city approved a master plan for Legacy Park, and last month approved a more specific “comprehensive site plan” that mostly defines housing goals for the north and south side.