The Georgia Environmental Protection Division declared a level one Drought Response in DeKalb County due to the persistent dry conditions. The county is urging residents to follow water restrictions to preserve water pressure
The Georgia Water Stewardship Act allows daily outdoor watering for planting, growing or maintaining ground cover, trees and shrubs only between 4 p.m. and 10 a.m.
Water conservation tips:
- Water the base of the plant instead of leaves.
- One inch of rain or water every 7 to 10 days is all your plants need.
- Adjust sprinklers so only your lawn is watered and not the house, sidewalk or street.
- Install a rain sensor so your system won’t run when it’s raining.
- Landscape with native plants or plants well adapted to this region.
Information: 770-270-6243; www.gaepd.org.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.