Keep Cobb Beautiful is hosting a free community recycling event for Cobb County residents.
This event will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 2 at Jim Miller Park, 2245 Callaway Road SW, Marietta.
Early arrival is recommended.
Items to be accepted include:
- Paper shredding: 10 banker boxes limit.
- Electronics: computers, cell phones, printers, hard drives, VCRs, keyboards, CRT TVs and CRT monitors (there is a $10 fee - cash only - for each CRT TV or monitor).
- Household appliances: stoves, microwaves, ovens, washers, dryers, water heaters and refrigerators.
- Household textiles: gently-used clothing and gently-used shoes.
- Styrofoam (polystyrene): packing peanuts.
- Metals: steel, aluminum and cast iron.
- Hefty Energy Bag Plastics Program: plastic shopping bags, plastic straws and stir sticks, clean foam egg cartons.
- Lawn and other equipment: ceiling fans, lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws; fuel must be removed from tanks.
Items that will not be accepted include paint, batteries, medications, hazardous waste, flip flops, mattresses or carpet.
For more information and a complete list of accepted items, call 770-528-1135 or visit KeepCobbBeautiful.org.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.