Keep Cobb Beautiful is hosting a free community recycling event for Cobb County residents.
This event will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 2 at Jim Miller Park, 2245 Callaway Road SW, Marietta.
Early arrival is recommended.
Items to be accepted include:
- Paper shredding: 10 banker boxes limit.
- Electronics: computers, cell phones, printers, hard drives, VCRs, keyboards, CRT TVs and CRT monitors (there is a $10 fee - cash only - for each CRT TV or monitor).
- Household appliances: stoves, microwaves, ovens, washers, dryers, water heaters and refrigerators.
- Household textiles: gently-used clothing and gently-used shoes.
- Styrofoam (polystyrene): packing peanuts.
- Metals: steel, aluminum and cast iron.
- Hefty Energy Bag Plastics Program: plastic shopping bags, plastic straws and stir sticks, clean foam egg cartons.
- Lawn and other equipment: ceiling fans, lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws; fuel must be removed from tanks.
Items that will not be accepted include paint, batteries, medications, hazardous waste, flip flops, mattresses or carpet.
For more information and a complete list of accepted items, call 770-528-1135 or visit KeepCobbBeautiful.org.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.