Cobb detective details sex trafficking of 15-year-old girl who escaped

caption arrowCaption
Detective Mark Erion with the Marietta Police Department testified one of the suspected traffickers threatened to kill the victim.????

Before the 15-year-old girl escaped and called police, she was forced to have sex with three men in a Marietta motel.

That's according to a Marietta police detective who spoke in Cobb County court Wednesday, according to Channel 2 Action News.

The girl, listed in a police warrant as a runaway, was allegedly forced into sex once a day for the three days in late August.

Detective Mark Erion said Kenneth Thomas, the 22-year-old ringleader of the sex trafficking operation, threatened to kill the girl if she told anyone.

READCobb man sentenced for raping 4-year-old girl

“If she stole anything, she would be shot, and if she left and told the police, Mr. Thomas was willing to go to jail for murder,” Erion told the court.

The girl escaped the morning of Monday, Aug. 20, and called 911 from a restaurant near the motel.

According to the warrant, the four suspects advertised her online as an escort, and she was paid $80 each time.

READCobb man gets three life sentences for raping younger female relatives

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution previously reported the charges: Thomas, of Fairburn, was charged with keeping a place of prostitution, pimping and trafficking of persons for labor or sexual servitude. Kamari Bolden, 22, of Atlanta, was charged with trafficking of persons for labor or sexual servitude. Laura Waugh, 17, of Marietta, was charged with giving a false name and date of birth and trafficking of persons for labor or sexual servitude. Douglas White, 26, of Dallas, was charged with pimping and trafficking of persons for labor or sexual servitude.

Like Cobb County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter

The detective said Bolden brought her 4-year-old daughter to the Days Inn on Northwest Parkway, which is the alleged crime scene.

“Kamari and her daughter stayed in room 217. That’s where other people would go and hang out, and wait until a customer came,” Erion said.

According to Magistrate Court records from the Wednesday proceeding, the case was escalated to Superior Court where the trial will presumably take place.

About the Author

Editors' Picks