Smyrna police ran an underage drinking sting this week and found five businesses that sold alcohol to a minor.
Police announced Friday that they checked 16 stores on Wednesday, the last day of classes for Cobb County School District students.
Employees who sold the booze were arrested on a misdemeanor charge of selling alcohol to a minor, police said.
The following businesses sold booze to a juvenile:
• Chevron, 2875 South Cobb Drive
• J.R. Crickets, 4479 South Cobb Drive
• Wade's Fine Eatery And Good Time Emporium, 1061 Concord Road
• Smyrna World of Beverages, 4474 South Cobb Drive
• Doc’s Food & Spirits, 2621 Cumberland Boulevard
The following businesses received a letter from the police chief commending them for not selling booze to a child:
• Atkins Park Tavern, 2840 Atlanta Road
• Nam Dae Mun Food Market, 2148 South Cobb Drive
• The Original Hot Dog Factory, 1529 Spring Road
• The Stout Brothers, 1265 West Spring St.
• Texaco, 2691 South Cobb Drive
• BP, 3002 Atlanta Road
• Publix, 4480 South Cobb Drive
• QuikTrip, 2180 Windy Hill Road
• Coastal Food Market, 2539 Old Concord Road
• Food Depot, 3205 South Cobb Drive
• Walgreens, 2390 South Cobb Drive
In other news...
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.