The third Smyrna Citizens Academy is open for applications until Feb. 25.
Through the Smyrna Citizens Academy, citizens are given the opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look into city operations and learn about all departments from city staff.
Sessions will begin on March 10 and conclude with a graduation ceremony on May 18.
During eight sessions, they can learn from city staff during interactive sessions about:
- City Council and Administration
- Finance and Human Resources
- Public Works and City Engineering
- Community Development and Information Technology
- Parks & Recreation
- Keep Smyrna Beautiful and Community Relations
- Smyrna Public Library and Smyrna History Museum
- Police and Fire
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.