The new McClure Health Science High School includes 303,690 square feet of learning space for students— 41 classrooms, 3 lecture halls, a dance studio and a host of labs including physics, chemistry, biology, STEM/Computer, Healthcare, and Art.
The cost of the new facility is $38,537,616.
Other additions/renovations of note for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- Lilburn Middle School Addition (Meadowcreek Cluster)—A new three-story addition was added to the school along with a new parking lot in front of the school. The new lot will provide additional parking and improve traffic conditions at the beginning and end of the school day when parents drop off and pick up their students.
- Richards Middle School Addition (Discovery Cluster)—The opening of a new 65,670 square foot three-story building addition at Richards Middle School provides 33 new classrooms.
- Discovery High School Renovation—The interior build-out and renovation project added a new Health Science Academy and 27 new classrooms.
- Grayson High School Build-Out— An existing room used by the Grayson Technical Education Program has been converted into a functioning veterinary operating room.
- Duluth High School and South Gwinnett High School. --Artificial turf and new track surfaces have been installed on the stadium fields at both schools. These projects also included storm drainage improvements at both schools.