It also said that “one of the sons … stated that he had been planning this since he was eleven years old.”
The Ervin brothers waived their Friday probable cause hearing in Gwinnett magistrate court. Charged with two counts apiece of aggravated assault and first-degree arson, they are being held at the Gwinnett County jail without bond.
A possible motive in the attack remains unclear. Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution last week that the brothers had hinted at a "bad home life," but no evidence of that had surfaced.
Family friend Derrick Butts told The AJC that the Ervins had “no issues.”
“If you call a troubled home life having everything you ever wanted, then I’ll take that trouble any day,” Butts said.
Yvonne Ervin was released from the hospital a few days after the attack. Zachary Ervin was released Thursday.