Gwinnett residents can drop off their bags at the Lawrenceville location of WestRock — located at 384 Maltbie Street — from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Only the special orange bags will be accepted at the WestRock site.
Items not accepted in the bags include batteries, electronics, food, liquid, coffee grounds, cans, glass, plastic bottles, paper, cartons, boxes, medical products, hazardous waste, hoses, tube, rope, foil or aluminum, as well as plastic types #1, #2 and #3.
Recyclable items through Hefty EnergyBag program
- Plastic packaging without foil lining
- See-through chip bags, snack food bags, plastic pet food bags, fresh or frozen vegetable and fruit bags, salad bags, shredded cheese packages, cheese stick packages, see-through granola and energy bar wrappers, see-through candy wrappers, see-through stand-up pouches, pudding cups, yogurt tubs, butter or margarine tubs, sour cream tubs, cereal box liners, dry mix liners and cookie or cracker box liners
- Plastic bags and wraps
- Plastic air pillow packs, plastic bubble wrap, plastic grocery bags, plastic food wrap and plastic storage bags
- Foam products
- Cups, plates, bowls, to-go boxes, packing peanuts, egg cartons and block packaging
- Plastic dinnerware
- Plastic straws and stirrers, utensils, colored cups, plates, bowls and rigid plastic clear glasses