Atlanta fitness fiends are heading to the barre in record numbers. According to a breakdown of the trendiest exercise routines in major cities released by ClassPass in 2016, barre is the most popular workout option in Atlanta.
Atlanta is not alone in its fondness for ballet-inspired strength and range-of-motion training. The barre workout is also the No. 1 class in Seattle, Baltimore and Miami.
Major cities that chose Pilates as No. 1 included Kansas City, Las Vegas and San Francisco. Strength training is the most popular workout in Austin, Chicago and Nashville while New York and Boston choose cycling first.
ClassPass, launched in 2013, is a monthly subscription service providing access to the world's largest network of boutique fitness studios and gyms. With tens of thousands of classes available at over 8,500 locations worldwide, ClassPass also reported these survey findings:
– Most popular genre overall: strength training
– The Southeast prefers working out in the morning at 6:00am while the Northeast works out the latest in the evening at 6:30pm
– Most popular day of the week to workout: Tuesday
- Here's why you should take barre fitness if you're a runner
- 4 fitness classes in metro Atlanta, including barre, to tackle belly fat
- Burn 500 calories in one hour with these Atlanta workouts