• "Are you a fan of yoga pants?"
• "Is Joe Flacco elite?"
Coppolella, however, did respond to some tough questions and a few of his answers were pretty revealing. I thought the most noteworthy of his responses was an acknowledgement that his
young starting pitchers have not developed as quickly as he expected.
After Julio Teheran's 3.01 earned run average, Braves starters with at least six starts are: Matt Wisler (23 starts, 5.00 ERA), Mike Foltynewicz (21, 4.41), Aaron Blair (12, 8.23; on the disabled list; pitching in Gwinnett), Williams Perez (11, 6.04), Joel De La Cruz (9, 5.02), Tyrell Jenkins (8, 6.20), John Gant (6, 4.40).
Here are some of Coppolella's responses through the Braves' Twitter account:
On his biggest mistake, the Hector Olivera trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers:
On his biggest disappointment this season -- starting pitching, which is at the heart of this rebuild:
On front office gaffes like former manager Fredi Gonzalez receiving an email on his travel itinerary change before he was told he was fired.
On whether Matt Kemp is here to stay:
On saying publicly that Matt Kemp needed to get in better shape before next season:
On failed expectations this season:
In response to a jab/question on whether he and John Hart actually believe what they tell fans:
Another jab: Why should the front office be believed moving forward since it was wrong about this season?
So it may not help the Braves in the standings but at least their general manager is good on Twitter.
- Sports has a hammer -- get used to it
- Overreaction Monday: Red zone, tackling and can anybody run block?
- As season opens, it's Mike Smith 1, Falcons 0
- Georgia exposed by opponent it should've easily handled
- Smart's limited media access accomplishing nothing
Weekend Predictions: Falcons over their exes; Dogs, Jackets cover
- Mets sign Tebow but he looks more like 'Sideshow Tim' than player
- If Braves sign Tebow, it's about circus and revenue, not baseball
- Georgia worthy of high expectations -- but proceed with caution
- Digi-Blog puts a wrap on Georgia Tech's trip to Dublin
- Justin Thomas rescues Georgia Tech -- with his arm
- Short takes on Georgia Tech's opening win (or escape)
- Game day: In any country, Georgia Tech needs to be better
Weekend Predictions: Dogs, Jackets win (but Lilly pulls an upset)
- A solution to satellite camps: Hold them in Ireland
- Until there's football in Ireland, I had a more important mission
- Foreign land couldn't be worse for Georgia Tech than U.S. was last year
- Reading between the lines on Smart's "No News For You" news conference
Weekend Predictions: It's 'Sack Schultz' time, suckers -- win prizes
- Falcons reminding all: These games don't count
- Predicting Georgia Tech's season: game-by-game (from AJC special section
- Keanu Neal injury 'minor' but Falcons can't afford any bad news
- (Full Q&A) Chipper Jones likes Braves' future but says moves needed
- (Blog) Chipper Jones: Braves need moves but he likes future (and being back home