FLOWERY BRANCH -- Here are five things we learned about the Falcons this week:
1. Ryan expects smooth transition. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan will have his fourth offensive coordinator of his career next season. After Ryan did his radio interview with 680 The Fan, we sat down in the green leather chairs in the media room of the clubhouse at TPC Sugarloaf and discussed the direction of the offense.
2. Team signed former UGA track athlete. The Falcons signed former University of Georgia decathlete Garrett Scantling to a free-agent contract Monday. He'll try to make the team as a wide receiver. He worked out for NFL teams at Jacksonville University's Pro Day in March. Scantling called it "a chance of a lifetime."
3. Camp Brotherhood held. The Falcons had more than 40 players attend a camp that was held in Coral Gables, Florida last week. Several players pointed to a similar last season with helping the team to bond.
4. Atlanta Super Bowl date announced. Super Bowl LIII will be held on Feb. 3, 2019 at Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium, the NFL announced on Thursday.
5. Ryan tortured self. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan met with the media , including an one-on-one with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution after appearing on 680 The Fan, before hosting his seventh annual celebrity golf tournament to benefit Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at the TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth. Here are the five things we learned.
About the Author