FLOWERY BRANCH – Here’s the Final Mock draft!
This is how things are going to shake out for the Falcons on Thursday night.
The Falcons, if they don’t make a move up, are going to see coveted Florida defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. snapped up.
If they don’t move up to six, they can waive bye-bye to Clemson’s Vic Beasley also.
They’ll were entertain offers to move back before turning in their card to select Kentucky defensive end/outside linebacker Bud Dupree with the eight overall pick.
The Saints are going rogue in this draft. We have them taking talented, but troubled players in defensive end Randy Gregory and wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham with the 13th and 31st pick in the draft.
Gregory failed a drug test at the scouting combine and Green-Beckham had a couple of drug-related incidents with law enforcement and an ugly domestic violence incident that led to his dismissal from Missouri.
Falcons head coach Dan Quinn is bracing for his first draft in his new role.
“Well, I'm used to it as a coach, the chaos going on,” Quinn said. “I don't think it could be too much more chaos than a third down with everybody yelling in your ear. We only have so many people there in the room. I can't wait.
“There are so many unique and talented players in the draft and all across the board, not just in the first round. The next three days, I can't wait to add a couple guys to the guys in this group.”
Over the course of the draft, look for the Falcons add a running back and wide receiver. The rest of the draft might be all defense.
“It’s really one of the most fun positions to evaluate in my opinion,” Quinn said of the running backs. “They are coming from different schemes. Once you see them with the ball in their hands and that aggressive style comes out, that’s the guy that I love to evaluate at running back.
“Then when you see them pass-protect, you are looking for that aggressiveness and toughness with and without the ball. That mindset, I love seeing those guys.”
Here’s the FINAL MOCK for 2015
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
- Tennessee Titans. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
- Jacksonville, Leonard Williams, DL, USC
- Oakland Raiders. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
- Washington Redskins. Dante Fowler Jr, DE, Florida
- New York Jets. Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
- Chicago Bears. Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
- Atlanta Falcons, Bud Dupree, DE, Kentucky
- New York Giants. Brandon Scherff, G, Iowa
- St. Louis Rams. Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
- Minnesota Vikings. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
- Cleveland Browns. DeVante Park, WR, Louisville
- New Orleans Saints. Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
- Miami Dolphins. Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
- San Francisco 49ers. Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
- Houston Texans. Breshad Perriman, WR, Central Florida
- San Diego Chargers. Melvin Gordon III, RB, Wisconsin
- Kansas City Chiefs. Landon Collins, S, Alabama
- Cleveland Browns. Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
- Philadelphia Eagles. Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut
- Cincinnati Bengals. Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
- Pittsburgh Steelers. Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri
- Detroit Lions. Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas
- Arizona Cardinals. Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
- Carolina Panthers. D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida
- Baltimore Ravens. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
- Dallas Cowboys. Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
- Denver Broncos. Cameron Erving, OL, Florida State
- Indianapolis Colts. Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon
- Green Bay Packers. Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
- New Orleans Saints. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma
- New England Patriots. Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
FALCONS DRAFT BOARD
5 questions with Boise State running back Jay Ajayi
5 questions with Miami offensive lineman Ereck Flowers
5 questions with Minnesota tight end Maxx Williams
ATLANTA FALCONS 2015 DRAFT PICKS
First round: 8th overall selection
Second round: 42nd overall selection
Third round: 73rd overall selection
Fourth round: 107th overall selection
Fifth round: 146th overall selection
Sixth round: 185th overall selection
Seventh round: 225th overall selection
Seventh round: 249th overall selection*
*Pick is from New England through St. Louis
POSITION-BY-POSITION FOR 2015 NFL DRAFT
Wednesday: Top 5 Inside Linebackers
Thursday: Top 5 defensive tackles
Friday: Top 5 defensive backs
Saturday: Top 5 special teamers
Monday: Top 5 Offensive line
Tuesday: Top 5 Wide receivers
Wednesday, April 22: Top 5 Running backs
Thursday, April 23: Top 5 Quarterbacks
Friday, April 24: Top 5 Tight ends
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.