Taking advantage of the special rates also will enable you to enjoy such other benefits of staying at one of the seven Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels as:
- Disney tickets available to purchase at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- Ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort
Special events at the Walt Disney World Resort include:
- Night of Joy, Sept. 6–7 at Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Sept. 10-Nov. 1 at Magic Kingdom Park
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Sept. 27-Nov. 11 at Epcot
Among the many coupons featured in the “2013 Downtown Disney Deals” booklet are discounts at Rainforest Café, T-Rex, Wolfgang Puck Express, Steve Baker Caricatures, Lego Imagination Center, Planet Hollywood Downtown Disney, House of Blues Restaurant, La NoubaTM by Cirque du Soleil, Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant, Bongo’s Cuban Café, and Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels is a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World Resort hotels that includes: the 18-story Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, surrounded by 12 acres of lush tropical landscaping; the newly renovated, sophisticated 1,014-room Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa; the 229-suite Doubletree Suites by Hilton, the only all-suite resort hotel in the Downtown Disney Resort Area; the 814-room, full-service Hilton Orlando Resort, featuring seven on-site restaurants; the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown, which recently completed a $35 million top-to-bottom renovation; the 394-room Royal Plaza Hotel, featuring beautiful oversized guest rooms with two double beds or a king bed, plus a pullout double sofa; and Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, featuring new rooms, a new lobby area, and two outdoor pools.
Located in the heart of the Downtown Disney area, these properties are within walking distance of some of the area’s best shopping, dining and entertainment.
For more information on the "End of Summer Value Rates," or to make a reservation, visit http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/2013-summer-value-rates. Some blackout dates may apply.
Clara Bosonetto is a retired travel consultant.