Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Monday:
1. Schedule. Falcons coach Dan Quinn will speak to the media at 1:30 p.m. and the team will practice at 2:20 p.m.
2. Freeman’s return. Falcons running back Devonta Freeman, who is in the NFL’s concussion protocol, is set to return to practice today, head coach Dan Quinn said on Sunday.
“Devonta Freeman, you’ll see back,” Quinn said a day after an exhibition game loss to the Cardinals. “He’ll return to play (Monday) in some individual (drills). So, that part is good from an injury standpoint.”
3. Injury report. Three Falcons players were declared out of the exhibition finale against the Jaguars head coach Dan Quinn said on Sunday.
Running back Brian Hill (ankle), tackle Kevin Graf (ankle) and linebacker LaRoy Reynolds (chest) all suffered injuries in the 24-14 exhibition loss to the Cardinals on Saturday. They will not play when the Falcons host the Jaguars at 7 p.m. on Thursday at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
4. Riley’s arrow pointing upward. With Falcons linebacker LaRoy Reynolds out with a chest injury, rookie Duke Riley appears to have a clear path to the starting weakside linebacker position.
“We’ve been very encouraged by where he’s at, at this point,” Quinn said. “We see him taking on a big role for us at this (weakside) linebacker spot.”
5. Crawford winning over the fans. Falcons defensive end/tackle Jack Crawford is a big hit with the fans after his performance against the Cardinals.
ATLANTA FALCONS 2017 EXHIBITION SEASON
GAME THREE: CARDINALS 24, FALCONS 14Report card: Cardinals 24, Falcons 14
GAME TWO: STEELERS 17, FALCONS 13
GAME ONE: DOLPHINS 23, FALCONS 20
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.