Falcons tight end Austin Hooper, who’s in his third season in the NFL, and center Alex Mack are set to play in the Pro Bowl at 3 p.m. Sunday at CampingWorld Stadium in Orlando.
Hooper, who had a breakthrough season, was the first alternate at the position. Here’s replacing Eagles tight end Zach Ertz.
Hooper caught 71 passes for 660 yards and four touchdowns, all career-highs, last season.
Wide receiver Julio Jones pulled out of the game and will be replaced by Tampa Bay’s Mike Evans.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons this week:
1. Ridley car stolen. Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley had hs car stolen at a gas station in Buckhead on Saturday night, police confirmed to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The Falcons rookie wide receiver was at the BP on Piedmont Road when he went inside the store; his 2018 Dodge Challenger was still running, said Atlanta police spokeswoman Officer Stephanie Brown.
2. Falcons Fans happy. Falcons fans took to the Internet to express their glee with the Saints losing the NFC title to the Rams.
3. Flood watch. Kyle Flood, who was still listed on the Falcons website as a senior assistant as of 4:30 p.m. Monday, is reportedly headed to Alabama to be their offensive line coach. He is set to take over for Brent Key, who landed at Georgia Tech.
Falcons assistant coach James Outten, who was recently promoted to assistant offensive line coach, has hired by the Green Bay Packers on Monday.
Outten and Kyle Flood, leaving for Alabama, the Falcons have two openings on the offensive side of the ball. Outten, who’d been an offensive assistant with the Falcons for two seasons, will coach the tight ends in Green Bay.
Outten played at Syracuse from 2002-07 and was a three-year starter at center. He helped win the Big East Championship in 2004.
Brian Angelichi was Green Bay’s former tight ends coach.
4. Senior Bowl. Falcons general manger Thomas Dimitroff, some assistant coaches and all of the scouts are in Mobile, Ala. For the Senior Bowl week. The game will be televised by the NFL Network and is set for 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. Jon Gruden and the Raiders and Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers will coach the game.
Georgia sacks leader D’Andre Walker pulled out of the Senior Bowl because of a groin injury.
5. Neal loves the Gram, too. Falcons strong safety Keanu Neal, who’s coming back from knee surgery, is posting some of his workout videos on Instagram. He looks good, but there’s no need to rush back. He clearly appears to be on time for training camp.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.