- SEC Championship football game: 32.2
- BCS national championship game: 26.9
- London Olympics opening ceremonies: 24.1
- The Masters final round: 11.2
- Braves-Cardinals wild-card playoff game: 9.1
The Falcons averaged a 25.2 rating on Atlanta TV for their 16 regular-season games, up 13 percent from last season. A Falcons game was the highest rated program — sports or otherwise — in the Atlanta market for 15 of the 16 weeks during the regular season. The exception was the week of the SEC Championship game.
Even so, about 200,000 more Atlanta households watched Sunday’s playoff telecast on average than watched the Falcons’ highest-rated regular season game Nov. 4 against Dallas.
The highest rated Falcons game on Atlanta TV in franchise history remains the 1999 Super Bowl, which drew a 58.2 rating and 79 share here.