The Hawks shot 60.5 percent from the field in the first two quarters in scoring a season-high 68 points for any half.
* Kent Bazemore had X-rays on his right pinkie finger after he hit it against the backboard blocking a shot by Jimmy Butler. The X-rays were negative. “I’ve never felt anything like that,” Bazemore said. “I didn’t even know what happened. My adrenaline was going and then I had a sharp pain in my pinkie.”
* Mike Muscala played 16 minutes a night after hurting his back in a scary fall in Cleveland. He reported after the game that his back held up fine.
* Paul Millsap and Dennis Schroder have scored in double figures in all eight games.
* The Hawks committed a season-high 24 turnovers that led to 38 points for the Bulls.
* Of Howard’s 10 rebounds, six were on the offensive end of the court.
“Confidence is a great thing. He’s been playing so well from training camp, preseason and the regular season. He just continues but that was pretty special.” – Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer on Thabo Sefolosha’s first-half scoring
The Hawks host the 76ers on Saturday in the second meeting of the season between the teams.