Gwinnett County Public Schools is the largest district in Georgia, with 179,359 students recorded in its post-Labor Day count this year. That is up by 7,069 students from its initial count on Aug. 8, the second day of school.
System officials believe that number may climb next month; the official count for the 2017-2018 school year will be conducted in October.
Norcross High School had the highest enrollment in the post-Labor Day count with 3,807 students. That displaces Mill Creek High School as the largest high school in the county and state. Mill Creek had 3,655 students in the first count and 3,668 in the post-Labor Day count.
Mill Creek was still one of the largest schools in the county, landing at second place. The Hochston school serves students from Hamilton Mill, an unincorporated community in Gwinnett County, as well as parts of Braselton within county lines.
Brookwood High School in Snellville is the third-largest school, with 3,564 enrolled, followed by Peachtree Ridge High School in fourth with 3,286. Meadowcreek High School came in fifth with 3,224.
The full list of high schools by enrollment is below:
- Norcross High School: 3,807
- Mill Creek High School: 3,668
- Brookwood High School: 3,564
- Peachtree Ridge High School: 3,286
- Meadowcreek High School: 3,224
- Collins Hill High School: 3,139
- North Gwinnett High School: 3,034
- Parkview High School: 3,024
- Grayson High School: 3,007
- Berkmar High School: 2,952
- Duluth High School: 2,748
- Archer High School: 2,698
- Discovery High School: 2,684
- South Gwinnett High School: 2,623
- Mountain View High School: 2,591
- Shiloh High School: 2,398
- Central Gwinnett High School: 2,169
- Dacula High School: 2,116
- Lanier High School: 1,841
- Gwinnett School of Math, Science and Technology: 1,043
- Phoenix High School: 413
- Gwinnett Online Campus: 302
- Adapt-Strive (special education program): 278
- GIVE (Gwinnett Intervention Education) East: 276
- GIVE (Gwinnett Intervention Education) West: 129
- International Transition Center: 122
- The BRIDGE (special education program): 51
- Oakland Meadow School: 30
Other school news:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.