Photo: Channel 2 Action News
Photo: Channel 2 Action News

SUNDAY’S WEATHER-TRAFFIC: Cool, breezy day in store

Don’t forget to bring that windbreaker if you plan to be out and about Sunday.

The temperature is expected to be nearly 10 degrees cooler than Saturday was — and much breezier.

“We’ll start to see that strong easterly wind pick up 10 to 20 mph,” Channel 2 Action News meteorologist Katie Walls said. “That’s going to stick around throughout the day.”


The afternoon high is only expected to reach 52 degrees. There’s also expected to be more cloud cover and less sunshine as the chance of rain jumps to 20%, she said. 

The rain, which Walls described as a “patchy drizzle,” is not expected to linger in metro Atlanta.

The rain returns just in time for the start of the work week, however, with a 40% chance of rain on Monday and a 60% chance on Tuesday. 

As for traffic, drivers could run into some delays downtown Sunday afternoon as the Atlanta Falcons host the Carolina Panthers.


 

Kickoff is at 1 p.m. at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

For a detailed forecast, visit  The Atlanta Journal-Constitution weather page .

» For updated traffic information, listen to News 95.5 and AM 750 WSB and follow  @ajcwsbtraffic  on Twitter. 

» Download  The Atlanta Journal-Constitution app for weather alerts on-the-go.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.