Occupants at a Lilburn daycare were sheltered inside while workers fixed a gas leak Wednesday afternoon.
The incident occurred in the 300 block of Arcado Road in Lilburn.
At about 4 p.m. Wednesday, Lilburn police and Gwinnett Firefighers arrived on the scene to investigate a 1-inch gas service line underground accidentally struck by construction workers.
There were no evacuations or injuries, Tommy Rutledge, Gwinnett Fire spokesman said in a statement.
Arcado Road between Luxomni Road and U.S. Hwy 29 was closed at that time and re-opened around 6:00 p.m.
An emergency crew from Atlanta Gas Light was able to stop the leak and the roadway was reopened around 6 p.m. Equipment at the scene included: Engine-25, Lilburn Police, and Atlanta Gas Light.