The Kennesaw City Council voted 5-0 on Oct. 7 to award a $421,293 contract to low bidder Bartow Paving Company, Inc. to resurface four streets.
Approved for the 2019 Local Maintenance & Improvement Grant Program, these streets include:
- Lockhart Drive – from Big Shanty Drive to McCollum Parkway
- Ellison Lake Drive – from Cobb Parkway to end
- Cobb International Place – from Cobb International Drive to end
- Dobbs Drive – from Melody Lane to Cobb Parkway
In other business, the Council agreed to allow the Police Department to scrap or sell seven police vehicles, including a 2008 Harley Police Cycle and two 2012 Harley Police Cycles.
The cars include:
- 2009 Ford Crown Vic at 142,508 miles
- 2009 Ford Crown Vic at 128,815 miles
- 2001 Chevrolet Silverado at 125,524 miles
- 2008 Ford Crown Vic at 104,061 miles
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.