The theft scheme apparently began on the biggest shopping day of the year — the day after Thanksgiving. The six arrested apparently worked with other non-employees who came to the store as customers, according to police.
Those customers would then make a purchase, such as a small appliance. Then, the customer was instructed to drive to the back of the store with a receipt to pick up the purchase.
"In addition to the microwave, maybe two or three televisions were loaded in," Bolton said.
Various types of flat screens were stolen, ranging from 32- to 50-inch models. Five of the stolen televisions and the computer monitors have been recovered, he said.
Those arrested include:
• Marice Foster, 22, of Atlanta.
• Jonathan Chambers, 23, of Decatur.
• Roderick Adams, 19, of Morrow.
• Demario Norris, 20, of McDonough.
• Justin Sprueil, 20, of Jonesboro.
• Dantelle Smith, 24, of Stockbridge.