A 1-year-old labradoodle swallowed a Michigan woman's wedding ring.
Photo: Brun-nO/Pixabay
Photo: Brun-nO/Pixabay

Family dog swallows Michigan woman's wedding ring

>> Read more trending news 

But a woman’s wedding ring? That was a new one.

A labradoodle belonging to a Michigan couple swallowed a wedding ring belonging to Cindy McCombs, WZZM reported.

Bella, a 1-year-old Lab, was the culprit, Sharpe told the television station.

“The wife had gone to bed Friday night and woke up Saturday morning missing her ring," Sharpe told WZZM.

Dan McComb borrowed a metal detector and was sweeping the couple’s home, trying to find the custom-made ring that had branches holding the stone. When he inadvertently waved the detector past Bella, it went off, WZZM reported.

X-rays confirmed McCombs’ discovery. The couple wanted to avoid surgery for the dog, so when induced vomiting failed, Sharpe used a special tool, the television station reported.

"I used a special grasping forcep to grab a hold of it and then the object and the scope all came out," Sharpe said.

Both the ring and Bella were in good shape after the procedure, WZZM reported.

"We were all very relieved to get this done without surgery,” Sharpe told the television station. “It was a good outcome and getting the ring back makes it even better.”

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X