Roy Hill
Photo: Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Photo: Fulton County Sheriff's Office

Atlanta police make second arrest in death of college student

A second man was arrested Tuesday in the death of a college student who was kidnapped during a brutal home invasion in southwest Atlanta. 

Roy Hill, 18, is facing charges of murder, kidnapping and rape after 21-year-old Te’a Denise Liger was killed. 

Te’a Denise Liger died Aug. 21 after she was raped and shot in the head during a home invasion at a southwest Atlanta apartment complex, according to Atlanta police. Liger was visiting a friend at the time.
Photo: Channel 2 Action News

He and another suspect, 28-year-old Anthony Laquan Goss, remain jailed without bond in Fulton County.

RELATED: Man charged with killing college student during home invasion

The news of Hill’s arrest comes one week after Liger was fatally shot inside an apartment on Delowe Drive.

“Investigators believe at this time the incident was a random attack and that the suspects did not know the victims,” Atlanta police public affairs director Carlos Campos said Wednesday in a statement.

Liger, a 2016 graduate of Kell High School in Cobb County, was visiting a friend at the Vista Adams Apartments when she was attacked Aug. 21. She was home on break from an arts school in California, her mother told Channel 2 Action News.

Officers arriving on the scene just after 6 a.m. found Liger with a gunshot wound to her head. She was rushed to a hospital but did not survive.

MORE: Woman dead, 2 injured after shooting during home invasion in SW Atlanta

Liger’s mother reached out to Channel 2 to bring attention to her daughter’s killing. “She was an artist in every way, painting, music, and was the brightest spirit,” she said in a statement. “They took her away from her brothers and she won’t be a hashtag or a face on a shirt. She wanted to be a change.”

Investigators believe two armed men forced Liger and two other victims into an apartment before the attack. A man and another woman, who have not been identified, were injured but are expected to recover, police said. One of the victims was pistol-whipped.

“Investigators will be following up with them after treatment,” Campos said. 

Goss was arrested Friday in East Point on charges of kidnapping, rape and murder. He waived his first appearance Saturday morning.

Anthony Laquan Goss
Photo: Fulton County Sheriff's Office

Hill’s first appearance hearing was scheduled for Wednesday morning. Both Goss and Hill have preliminary hearings set for Sept. 11.

The deadly incident remains under investigation, according to police.

In other news: 

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.