Here’s your guide to the free fun.
Visitors are encouraged to take MARTA to the event. Ride the green or blue line to the Mercedes-Benz/Philips Arena/Georgia World Congress Center station.
Pay-ahead parking is available for $5; day-of-event parking is $10. You can park at:
• Red Deck — adjacent to Georgia World Congress Center (lower entrance only)
• Silver Deck — adjacent to Mercedes-Benz Stadium (lower entrance only)
• Green Deck — adjacent to Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame
• Blue Lot — located on Northside Drive. Buy advance passes at gwcc.clickandpark.com/.
• Bags or backpacks larger than 11 by 17 inches. Attendees and their belongings are subject to search.
• Glass containers of any kind
• Personal fireworks
• Large umbrellas
• Lawn chairs (low-profile versions permitted)
• Skateboards, scooters, hoverboards and bicycles inside the event
• No outside food may be brought into the event. Sealed nonalcoholic beverages are permitted.
Drones are specifically forbidden from the event, whether for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
Because thousands are expected to attend, the city will close some surrounding roads that day and during the days leading up to July 4. Go to gwcca.org for more information.
Music for the evening will be under the direction of Jorel “JFly” Flynn, who will also provide backing support with his band, JFly and Friends.
The performances will be broadcast on WSB television, and Flynn stresses that this is live, not Memorex.
“This is live television; this is not pre-recorded,” said Flynn. “What you see will be happening in real time.”
Guests can expect to hear "I Miss You" by Klymaxx, "Firework" by Katy Perry and an a cappella version of "America."
For information: gwcca.org/events/july4/
Event details: July 4, 2018, Georgia World Congress Center, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30313. Web site: https://gwcca.org/events/july4/