Temps to drop to 40s after ‘picture-perfect’ day


Today: Sunny and breezy. High: 63

Tonight: Clear. Low: 38

Tomorrow: Sunny. High: 64

» For a detailed forecast, visit The Atlanta Journal-Constitution weather page.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Georgia High School Sports Scores
  2. 2 Braves win and the champagne is on ice
  3. 3 At impasse over testimony by accuser, GOP sets Monday panel vote on Kavanaugh | Jamie Dupree - AJC

After a warm afternoon, an evening chill is on the way.

Temps should dip down to the 40s before reaching near freezing weather overnight, Channel 2 Action News reported. 

Atlanta likely won’t see the colder temps until about 9 p.m. Saturday. 

After waking up to near freezing temperatures, Atlanta hit its high of 63 degrees and was still there at 5:30 p.m., according to Channel 2.

The weather was “picture-perfect, ” Channel 2 meteorologist Brian Monahan said: “It’s as good as it’s going to get for the first week of March.” 

The average for this time of year is 61. 

Far North Georgia temperatures reached the upper 50s, but don’t expect the nice weather to last. 

rain/snow mix is likely to hit the region Wednesday, but much snow isn’t expected, Channel 2 reported.  

Sunday’s forecast should bring the same sun and early morning cold with a high of 64. Lows should be just above freezing. 

And cold temps could last into next week, Monahan said. 

“Colder temperatures will move in mid- to late next week,” he said. “Highs likely will stay in the 40s for many spots by Wednesday and Thursday.” 

Atlanta’s next chance of rain is late Monday evening at 20 percent, Channel 2 reported. Those chances increase to 80 percent Tuesday. 

More from AJC