Friday night lights are bright in Georgia, but they shine a little brighter in some high school football stadiums.
Some high school stadium sizes rivals that of some colleges.
Here are Georgia's biggest high school stadiums (by capacity), according to WorldStadiums.com:
12. Tara Stadium in Jonesboro
Tara Stadium in Jonesboro holds 10,000 fans. It is home to Clayton County high schools.
11. Lakewood Stadium in Atlanta
Lakewood Stadium has a capacity of 10,000. Home to area high schools, it was built in 1971.
10. Chris Gilman Stadium in Kingsland
Chris Gilman Stadium holds 10,000 fans. It is home to the Camden County Wildcats.
9. Bazemore–Hyder Stadium in Valdosta
Bazemore-Hyder Stadium holds 11,249 fans. It was built in 1922 and is home to the Valdosta Wildcats.
8. Hugh Mills Stadium in Albany
Hugh Mills Stadium has a capacity of 11,500. Built in 1938, the stadium is home to several area high schools in Dougherty County.
7. Glynn County Stadium in Brunswick
Glynn County Stadium has a capacity of 12,000. It was built in 1986 and is home to the Brunswick Pirates.
6. Martin Stadium in Valdosta
The stadium holds 12,000 fans and is home to the Lowndes County Vikings.
5. Walter H. Cantrell Stadium in Powder Springs
Walter H. Cantrell Stadium holds 12,500 and is home to the McEachern High School Indians.
4. A. J. McClung Memorial Stadium in Columbus
A. J. McClung Memorial Stadium holds 13,500 fans and was once the site the Georgia Bulldogs and the Auburn Tigers football games between 1916 and 1958. Portable bleachers can bring the stadium to 15,000 capacity if necessary, according to the athletic program director.
3. Memorial Stadium in Savannah
Memorial Stadium was built in 1957 and has a capacity of 15,000. It is home to several area high schools. It is also used for college football games and for Battle of the Bands.
2. Granite Bowl in Elberton
Granite Bowl was built in 1962 and holds 15,000 fans. It is home to the Elbert County Blue Devils. The stadium was constructed using 100,000 tons of Elberton granite.
1. James R. Hallford Stadium in Clarkston
The stadium was built in 1968 and holds 15,600. It is one of five stadiums owned by the DeKalb County School District. It was formerly called Memorial Stadium.