Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Wednesday:
1. Today’s schedule. The Falcons have a walk-through today before traveling to Miami. There is no media availability.
2. Jones out. Falcons All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones, who had offseason foot surgery and has been limited in practice, will not play in the exhibition season opener at 7 p.m Thursday at Miami.
3. Garland to start. Ben Garland will start at right guard in the Falcons’ exhibition season opener at 7 p.m. Thursday against the Miami Dolphins.
“I think that’s fair,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. “Coming into camp both him and Wes (Schweitzer) were right in the middle of it.”
Garland and Wes Schweitzer are battling to replace former starting right guard Chris Chester, who retired over the offseason.
4. Quinn on McKinley. The Falcons have not made a decision as to whether rookie defensive end Takkarist McKinley, the team’s first-round draft pick, will play in the exhibition opener at 7 p.m. Thursday against Miami.
“I’m pleased with his progress from scheme-wise, assignment-wise and speed-wise,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Tuesday. “You can see the improvement taking place. For most of the guys, they are into 10 practices and for him, it’s a six. But I am pleased with the progress so far.”
5. Where to watch, listen to the game. The Atlanta Falcons will play the first exhibition game of 2017 on Thursday night against the Miami Dolphins.
The game kicks off at 7 p.m. from Miami Gardens’ Hard Rock Stadium.
Stations to watch the Falcons first exhibition game can be found below.
The game can also be watched using NFL Game Pass and can be heard on 92.9 The Game.
- Atlanta- WUPA (CW-69)
- Augusta, Ga.- WFXG (FOX-54)
- Macon, Ga.-WGXA (FOX-24)
- Columbus, Ga.- WXTX (FOX-54)
- Savannah, Ga.-WTOC (CBS-11)
- Albany, Ga.-WALB (NBC-10)